Harold Haralson is committed to keeping county government focused on needs.
WHY DO I WANT THIS JOB?
I have dedicated my life to public service. Whether serving in the Navy or serving our community, I have found that the most fulﬁlling years of my life are those when I can serve the people.
I’m not looking for the “next job;” I am seeking the opportunity to serve you. Serving and protecting the citizens of District 3 will be my top priority.
COUNTY COMMISSIONER JOB DUTIES:
- Serving on our county’s 7-person budget board to make sure that items such as law enforcement are adequately funded so that we are all safe;
- Constructing, maintaining and improving our roads and bridges (240 miles of roads in District 3); and
- I would be representing your interests for the county jail, the courthouse, the fairgrounds, and other areas of the county administered by the county commissioners.
WHY SHOULD YOU RE-ELECT ME?
- I have the experience to deal with our county’s budget (approximately $30 million). As the ﬁrst Republican Mayor of Norman I inherited a major budget deﬁcit and out of control spending—I was able to balance the $150+ million budget without raising taxes;
- I will plan regular maintenance and upgrading of our County’s infrastructure;
- I was consistently present and voting on the tough issues while serving on the Norman City Council and as Mayor — I will be there to represent you at the county level;
- I will ensure open communication with the citizens of Cleveland County, and will listen to the concerns of all District 3 constituents to give them a voice in what issues/items are priorities for our County; my personal phone is 405/627-9881;
- I have a proven reputation as an eﬀective voice of reason at the local level, with a known ability to work with all levels of government from local to state to national; and
- As a former Naval Medical Oﬃcer, Emergency Room Physician, and currently Family Physician and Medical Director of the Noble EMS, I am accustomed to calmly and eﬀectively dealing with emergencies and coordinating with multiple agencies to ensure the safety and well-being of our County’s citizens.
U.S. Navy Veteran
Pro-2 nd Amendment; NRA Member
Ready to Volunteer?
Proven Conservative Leader
Small Business Owner